Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
In registering for the Chevron City to Surf for Activ 2018, I agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. I/We the undersigned in consideration of, and as a condition of acceptance of my entry in the Chevron City to Surf for Activ (the event) for myself, my heirs, executors and/or administrators (I/we) hereby waive all and any claim, right or cause of action which I/we might otherwise have arising out of my death or injury, damage or loss of any description whatsoever I may suffer or sustain the course of, or consequent upon my entry or participation in the Event. This release shall extend to and include: Activ Foundation Inc, the organisers of the event and their associates, including agents, contractors, employees and volunteers (including medical and paramedical personnel) appointed for the event; the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which the event or any part of it is conducted; any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which the event or any part of it is conducted or which is involved directly or indirectly with the event in any manner whatsoever; and promoters, sponsors and event organisers.
2. I understand that competing in this event involves the real risk of serious injury or even death from various causes including but not limited to overexertion, heart attack, dehydration, or accidents. I understand that competing in this event involves running or walking on public roads used by other people and traffic, and I am aware of the hazards involved. The hazards include but are not limited to: vehicle traffic, actions of competitors, spectators, event personnel, weather conditions, and my physical and mental state of health.
3. If entrant is under 18, I certify that I am the parent/legal guardian of and he/she has my consent to participate in the Chevron City to Surf for Activ.
4. This waiver, release and discharge shall be (and operate separately) in favour of all persons, corporations and bodies involved, or otherwise engaged in promotion or staging the Event and each of their servants, agents, representatives and officers.
5. Under no circumstances will a refund be provided.
6. All medical information must be declared. The medical questions have been answered truthfully and I/we acknowledge that I/we should seek medical advice prior to participating in the event if I/we have suffered or I/we am/are suffering from a medical condition.
7. Consent to medical treatment: I/we consent to receiving any medical treatment that the event organisers or their authorised representatives consider necessary or desirable during or after the Event.
8. I/we give permission for the free use of my name, voice or picture in any broadcast, telecast, advertising, promotion or other account of this event, including advertising and promotions for future Activ events.
9. I/we agree to read the rules and regulations and conform to them.
10. I acknowledge that safety precautions undertaken by organisers (such as course supervision, event rules and the race safety briefing) are a service to me and other competitors but are not a guarantee of safety. I accept that I have an important responsibility to carefully read and listen to all safety briefings and to immediately seek clarification on anything, which is not entirely clear to me.
11. I understand that I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at the event.
12. If the event is cancelled due to poor weather or any other condition beyond the control of the organisers, I accept that my entry fee will not be refunded.
13. I acknowledge that by reason of circumstances beyond the control of the event directors, it may become necessary or desirable to change the format of the event, and if that occurs, I consent to the changes and I agree that each and every of the conditions herein set out shall apply to that changed event.
14. I accept the Chevron City to Surf for Activ has intermediate course cut off times. In the circumstance where I /we do not meet one of the intermediate cut off times as outlined on the Chevron City to Surf for Activ website, I/we accept that I am/we are no longer a participant/s in the Chevron City to Surf for Activ, and agree to be transported to either the Start or Finish precinct by the organisers.
16. I accept that there is no parking in and around the Finish Precinct at City Beach before or during the event.